The Fairfield community is being invited to have a say on the future upgrade of The Horsley Drive between the M7 Motorway and Cowpasture Road, Horsley Park to a four lane divided road.
The upgrade is set to include the option for six lanes in the future to meet western Sydney’s transport needs and support expected industrial and employment growth.
Some of the benefits of the upgrade would include:
- Increased road capacity
- An improved east-west connection between the Western Sydney Employment Area, the M7 Motorway and the Wetherill Park/Smithfield industrial area
- Safer conditions for motorists, cyclists and pedestrians
- Improved access to the Western Sydney Parklands
- Improved freight access and efficiency
- More reliable travel times
- Reservation of road space for future widening if required.
Roads and Maritime Services is currently inviting feedback on the concept design and Environmental Investigation Report, until Friday, August 4.
Two information sessions are being held for residents to find out more about the project.
Sessions will be held on:
- Wednesday 19 July – 4pm to 7pm @ Horsley Park Community Hall, Arundel Road, Horsley Park.
- Saturday 22 July – 10am to 1pm @ Abbotsbury Community Centre, 64 Stockdale Crescent, Abbotsbury.
Click here for further information about the project.